Beaverton is located adjacent to Beaverton township in Gladwin County, Michigan. The population was 1,106 at the 2000 census.
The community was first settled by lumbermen in about 1863 and was first known as Grand Forks, after the confluence of the Tobacco and Cedar rivers. It has been continuously settled since 1875.
The town was founded in 1890 by the Donald Gunn Ross & Sons lumber company, from Beaverton, Ontario. Donald Ross became the first postmaster on February 17, 1891.
Beaverton was incorporated as a village in 1901. It was incorporated as a city in 1903, with William Ross as the first mayor. The first settler was Marvil Secord, originally from Brantford, Ontario, and is also recognized as the first permanent settler in Gladwin County. Beaverton was a station on the Toledo-Ludington line of the Pere Marquette Railroad.
Click on a badge below -> Website